August 2016 RCG Minutes
FROM THE FOURTH RESIDENTS’ COMMUNITY GROUP MEETING
Masterplan Discussions Continue
On Monday 29th August, Shayher Group met with members of the Moreland City Council, community and National Trust.
The meeting focused on concerns raised by Moreland City Council, Shayher Group and local residents regarding the recent decision to review the Pentridge Masterplan.
The discussion included:
- Moreland City Council’s decision to review the Masterplan and the impact this would have on
- Current development work
- Preservation work already underway
- Plans for the proposed hotel, residential buildings and piazza areas
- Impact on planned community events
- Proposed adaptive reuse architecture on site and plans for the construction of a hotel, including room sizes and heritage preservation of former cells
- Future impact of Pentridge development on Coburg community
- Local businesses
- Arts and events
- Residential conditions
- Public transport
- Restoration projects currently underway at Pentridge and Shayher’s financial contributions to the work.
Shayher Group will continue to consult with and meet the RCG as the project develops.
For the opportunity to be included in future meetings, or to raise concerns you may have regarding the Pentridge development, please email Pentridge@shayher.com.au