April 2017 RCG Minutes
FROM THE NINTH RESIDENTS’ COMMUNITY GROUP MEETING
Pentridge Festival, piazza planning and restoration progress
On Tuesday 4th of April, Shayher Group representatives met with members of the Moreland City Council, members of the local community, and a member of the Coburg Historical Society to discuss recent news and developments from the Pentridge site at the second RCG meeting for 2017.
The discussions included:
- Pentridge Festival
- The value of Pentridge Festival in opening the site to the public
- Challenges by residents around local parking during events
- Heritage Restoration progress
- The two guard tower restorations in progress forecast for completion in four to six weeks
- Removal of all modern elements from Rock Breaking Yard in H Division
- Piazza Development
- Forecast completion of Piazza by end of 2018
- Micro-brewery and other food and beverage options planned, with enquiries about childcare facilities
- General discussion
- Potential for Pentridge to have a positive impact on the local community in terms of facilities and economic impact
There was also acknowledgement of the progress of the Pentridge Community Garden site near Murray Rd, which now has been supplied the electricity and water required for its use, and which will be open to all residents of Coburg.
For the opportunity to be included in future meetings, or to raise concerns you may have regarding the Pentridge development, please email email@example.com, or sign up for our community newsletter here.